And so it begins….
Responding to suggestions from a small group of Sport Management Program (SMP) alumni who gathered in New York City in July of 2013, the UConn Sport Management faculty team worked with the UConn Alumni Association to launch a series of alumni events in the spring and summer of 2014.
- Washington, DC – March 8, 2014: SMP Alumni & faculty gathered to watch the storied UConn men’s basketball team in action!
- Boston, MA – July 11, 2014: SMP Alumni & faculty share experiences and raise a glass together at our first Happy Hour event of the season.
- New York, NY – July 17, 2014: The Big Apple hosts SMP Alumni & faculty as they enjoy an evening speaking about developing the SMP Alumni Community.
- Hartford, CT – August 21, 2014: SMP Alumni & faculty meet the latest crop of SMP graduate students as the Sport Management team prepares for the start of the new academic year at UConn.
- ESPN HQ, Bristol, CT – September 15, 2014: SMP faculty & staff get an impressive & informative behind-the-scenes tour of ESPN’s HQ offices following a productive lunch discussion connecting SMP Alumni and and other graduates from UConn who all work together at ESPN.
Not only did the events serve as a fantastic networking opportunity for alumni of the sport management program and other UConn alumni working in the sport industry, the conversations provided very valuable feedback to the faculty and Alumni Association on future steps to build a stronger Sport Management Program Alumni Community.
Thanks to everyone who attended and stay tuned for the mobilization of the ideas generated! Click here to visit the UConn Sport Management Alumni Events page to see other photos and learn how you can organize a SMP Alumni event in your local community!